Helping a young person choose a suitable career
CITB-ConstructionSkills is the UK's leading training provider for Construction Apprenticeships and can help advise about a construction career.
Is a construction career right for a young person in your care?
With a wide variety of occupations to suit all backgrounds and the opportunity for career progression, the construction sector is actively looking for committed people to join an evolving industry and create the world of tomorrow.
If a child in your care shows an interest in a career with any of the following, then they should consider a Construction Apprenticeship:
- Problem solving
- Organisational skills
CITB-ConstructionSkills helps apprentices to build exciting and rewarding careers in construction. We offer unrivalled support and training throughout apprenticeships and beyond.
We help young people, whether their ambition is:
- to be a first-class craftsperson
- to learn a wide range of valuable skills
- to go into management
- to set up their own business one day
CITB-ConstructionSkills is the best choice for someone looking to build a career in construction:
- Our apprenticeship officers support apprentices every step of the way
- Apprentices are more likely to complete their apprenticeship with us
- Learn at our National Construction College or at one of 160 colleges around the country
- Working with us is the best way for the employer to get all the funding they need to support apprentices right through their apprenticeship.
Want to know more about the industry? Take a look at more information that explains what a career in construction involves and where it could lead.