Application Form Guidance
You're about to embark on the first stage of your journey to
become an apprentice with CITB-ConstructionSkills.
These NOTES will help you make the most of
your application form and will ensure that the information we
receive from you can be used to support you through the recruitment
In order to complete this form you will also need the following
- Your contact details.
- Scottish Candidate number (as printed on school certificates) -
if applying in Scotland.
- Unique Learner number - if applying in England or Wales
- Your exam grades (or predicted grades).
- The contact details of any company which has offered you
employment in construction. This includes a reference ID you
may have been given by an employer.
- The occupations you are interested in - though
CITB-ConstructionSkills may offer you an apprenticeship in an
alternative role if vacancies in your chosen role are not
- We will also ask for your National Insurance Number and date of
birth. These are not mandatory fields but we will need the details
before you begin an apprenticeship.
In England and Wales apprenticeships can begin at any time
during the year - attendance at college generally starts in
August/September - sometimes in June. Apprentice recruitment
in Scotland takes place between 1 February and 31 August.
You will need to pass the Skills Learning Exercise assessment
before starting your apprenticeship. You can either visit our
website or you can
download a practice version in the form of a booklet
before you apply.